Our attorneys are experienced negotiators
and arbitrators who can find the best solution for our client, at every stage of litigation. That often means finding the most favorable settlement before a case even makes it to trial. Because of our record of success at trial and on appeal, we can often find successful resolutions of cases short of the time and expense involved in a jury trial and beyond. Some of our successes include:
- Defense of property owners in highway widening condemnation cases on IH-10 West (the Katy Freeway) against the State of Texas involving properties improved with retail and commercial uses, including big box retailer and automotive repair and supply business.
- Prosecution of partner’s claims for breach of contract, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty seeking to recover profits owed to him by his partner, resulting in an agreed judgment for the full amount owed, plus prejudgment interest and attorney’s fees.
- Defense of property owners in high-voltage electric transmission line condemnation cases against CenterPoint Energy involving rural acreage in Wharton County, Texas.
- Defense of property owner in toll road condemnation case against Harris County, Texas involving special-use property improved with a local television station in Houston, Texas.
- Defense of former General Counsel of major energy company in class action securities fraud litigation in US District Court in Houston, Texas.
- Defense of claims asserted by patent licensee against international Internet travel facilitator that certain aspects of its web site infringed patent.
- Defense of claims by architect, land sellers and venture partners arising out of failed high-rise condominium project.