WE PROVIDE OUR CLIENTS
with unparalleled trial experience and a dedication to fight for the right result. With over 60 years of collective experience in all manner of civil litigation matters in Texas state cases, as well as federal cases, we’ve accumulated quite a list of successes:
- Obtained jury verdict on claims for breach of fiduciary duty, supporting imposition of constructive trust in favor of partnership on properties usurped by the general partner.
- Defense of lender in jury trial of lender liability suit seeking $6.5 million in fraud damages plus exemplary damages for the lender’s alleged fraud in inducing the loan and the real estate purchase, resulting in a take-nothing verdict as to all claims.
- Pursued claims of commercial mortgage backed securities trustee against borrower and guarantors for fraud recourse claims involving $8 million loan secured by apartment project, resulting in $13.5 million judgment in Louisiana state trial court.
- Defense of manufacturing company in jury trial of $1.8 million claim brought by terminated CFO alleging wrongful termination arising from his refusal to book allegedly illegal accounting entries on the company’s books, resulting in take-nothing jury verdict in favor of client in Texas state court.
- Defense of bank in jury trial of wrongful foreclosure suit brought by a company claiming to have obtained title to the foreclosed-upon property before the bank’s judgment lien attached to the property, resulting in a take-nothing judgment as to all claims.
- Pursued shipper’s Carmack Amendment claims in federal bench trial, resulting in judgment and recovery against the carrier for the full amount of damages.
- Defense of construction subcontractor in jury trial of attorney’s fees claim brought by general contractor claiming attorney’s fees in excess of $1.5 million, resulting in verdict awarding reasonable and necessary attorney’s fees of just $50,000.
- Defense of software development firm in jury trial of class action securities fraud litigation in federal court, resulting in favorable jury verdict fully exonerating client.
- Pursued fraud and breach of fiduciary claims in five-week jury trial against former executive and affiliated purchasers of assets from reorganized S&L backed by FDIC assistance agreement, resulting in favorable jury verdict awarding damages of over $50 million.